Team (Basic): Deactivate & Restore Team Members
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time!
If your staff changes in the middle of a subscription cycle, a firm owner or an admin can deactivate a previous team member’s account to free up an annual license for a new person. A deactivated team member’s account can always be restored. Unlike annual licenses, monthly subscriptions cannot be transferred.
- Deactivating a Team Member’s Account
- The Deactivated Team Member List
- Restoring a Team Member’s Account
Attention! Firm Admins cannot deactivate and restore firm members.
Deactivating a Team Member’s Account
As a firm owner or admin, you can deactivate the account of someone who is currently not on the team. Their data will not be permanently removed, so their account can always be restored. Once you deactivate the team member’s account, this happens:
- Their user license (whether annual or monthly) becomes available for someone else.
- The login to their account is disabled.
- Account access becomes unlinked from their account.
- Their email account is unsynced. You’ll no longer be able to view their emails in TaxDome.
- Their assigned accounts are reassigned to team members with default account access.
- If you hire seasonal staff, we recommend they use an email address you also manage (for example, email@example.com) so it is still accessible once the season ends.
To deactivate a team member’s account:
1. Go to Settings, open the Team & Plans tab, click on the three dots to the far right of the team member’s name, then click Deactivate.
2. Confirm by clicking Deactivate in the sidebar.
You can always see how many annual and monthly licenses you have available by navigating to Settings and opening the Team & Plans tab.
The Deactivated Team Member List
Once you deactivate a team member, their personal info is moved to Deactivated Team Members. To get there, click the drop-down on the left, then select Deactivated members.
Here, you can:
Sort the list of deactivated team members by name, their account-creation date, or their account-deactivation date.
Restore a team member’s account.
Restoring a Team Member’s Account
Attention! You cannot move a team member from one firm to another.
To restore a team member’s account, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings, open the Team & Plans tab, then select Deactivated Team Members from the drop-down
2. Click Restore to the far right of team member’s name, then click Restore in the confirmation pop-up.
3. The next step will be different depending on your current TaxDome status and whether you have any available annual licenses:
- If your TaxDome trial has not yet expired, the team member is automatically restored. They will be able to use their account without any limitations until the firm’s trial period ends.
- If you’ve already bought your firm’s subscription, you’ll be prompted to add an additional license for the restored user. Depending on what that team member needs, select either an annual or monthly license (for more about this, go here), then click Restore.
- If an available annual or monthly license already exists, you can use it for the restored team member. No need to purchase a new one. Or if you are restoring the account of a temporary team member, use a monthly license for them and leave the available annual license for someone else.