Mobile App: Secure Messages
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time!
Chat with clients from wherever you are. Quickly access client messages without having to use your desktop browser.
How to Start a New Thread
To start a new chat thread:
1. Go to the Accounts screen, select the account name, tap Create, then Message.
2. Write the message name, type your message, then toggle on automatic reminders if you need to. For more about reminders, go here.
3. Click Create. Add client tasks and documents later if needed.
Tip: You can @mention your team members in messages.
How to View a Chat Thread
To get to a list of client chat threads, go to the Accounts screen, select the account name, then tap Messages. Tap the thread’s name to read and reply.
Another way to get to the chat thread is from the Inbox+ screen: Tap the notification on the new message, then either tap Go to... or the name of the thread.
Once you’re viewing the thread, you can do the following:
- Attach documents. Go to the Documents subtab, tap the plus icon, then either select a document from your device or one that has already been uploaded to TaxDome.
- Add client tasks, delete them, or mark them completed. Go to the Tasks subtab, tap the plus icon, then add a new task for a client.
- Turn reminders on and off. Tap the three dots on the top right, then toggle Reminders on or off.
- Archive thread. Tap the three dots on the top right, then select Archive to hide the thread from the list. If you need to see archived chat threads, tap the filter icon at the bottom right, select Archived, then Show.
- Delete a thread. Tap the three dots on the top right, then select Delete.