Docs (Basic): View History/Audit Trail
Audit Trail allows you to check everything that has taken place with a document. The log shows you the entire history of when someone...
- uploaded a document
- renamed a document
- viewed a document
- downloaded a document
- deleted a document
- restored a document
- signed a document (if a team member added the My signature field, their name shows up as the signer)
- signed a document with KBA
- declined to sign a document
- failed to sign with KBA
- sent a signature request
- resent a signature request
- voided a signature
- canceled a signature request
- sealed a document
- unsealed a document
- approved a document
- resent a document approval
- disapproved a document
- moved a document to another top-level folder
- modified a PDF document (for more details on reviewing changes made to a PDF, go here)
To view a document’s history, click the three dots to the far right of the document’s name, then click Audit Trail.
You can also get to Audit Trail from the document viewer.
In the Audit Trail window, you’ll find this information about a document’s history:
ACCOUNT NAME: the first and last name of the account user or the name of their business
USER: the first name, last name, and email address of one of the users who opened the document
EVENT: an event that took place with the document. In some instances, the document’s updated size or name.
SERVER TIME: the time when the event took place on TaxDome. The time is shown in UTC.
CLIENT TIME: the time in the user’s location when the event took place. The difference between UTC and the user’s location time is also displayed.
IP ADDRESS: the IP address of the user who accessed the file, as well as the city and country they are located in
BROWSER: the browser used when the event took place
OS: the operating system of the user who made changes