Signatures (Basic): How to View & Cancel E-Signature Requests
How do you check whether your clients have e-signed the documents you’ve sent them? Need to cancel an e-signature request? Find out all you need to know about getting your docs e-signed!
- Managing E-Signatures
- Seeing Who Has E-Signed a Document or Declined to
- Viewing Accounts With Documents Pending E-Signature
- Voiding E-Signatures
- Canceling E-Signature Requests
1. To quickly find one or all documents awaiting e-signature:
- Go to the Documents page to search for docs that have undergone some kind of action (uploaded, edited, linked to a bill, etc.) in the last 30 days.
- Go to Documents, then to Docs, then select the client to search all their documents.
- Or go to a specific account’s Docs tab to search all its documents.
2. Click Filter in the upper-right corner and narrow the list of documents you’re looking for by selecting one or more filters in the Signatures section.
- All shows documents with requested e-signatures.
- Signed shows documents that have been e-signed by all users of the account.
- Partially Signed shows documents that at least one account user e-signed.
- Pending Signature shows documents awaiting e-signature from all account users.
- Prepared for Signature shows documents pending e-signature not yet sent out.
- Opted Out shows documents that users declined to e-sign.
- Pending KBA shows documents with KBA requests awaiting to be e-signed by at least one account user.
- KBA Failed shows documents with at least one account user who failed the KBA and/or users who declined to e-sign.
- Signature Voided shows documents that were signed offline and voided by a firm owner or team member with access rights to manage documents.
3. Click APPLY to see the narrowed-down list.
To see a list of all documents with e-signature requests or ones prepared for e-signature, go to Docs in the client account, then to Signatures.
The following information is available here:
NAME: Click on the document’s name to view and download it.
- Signed: The document has been e-signed by all account users.
- Requested: The document was sent to the client but hasn’t been e-signed by all account users.
- Declined Signature: The client declined to e-sign the document.
- Voided: The document was signed offline and voided by the firm owner or team member with access rights to manage documents.
DATE UPLOADED shows when the document was uploaded to TaxDome.
DATE REQUESTED shows when the document was sent to the client to be e-signed.
DATE SIGNED shows when the document was e-signed by the client.
You can sort documents by name, date uploaded, date requested or date they were e-signed. Click the up-down arrow next to the header name of the column you want to sort.
Seeing Who Has E-Signed a Document or Declined to
When a client e-signs or declines to e-sign a doc, or fails the KBA, the document is moved to the top of the Recent list on the Documents page. You also receive an email about it and get a notification in your Inbox+. Click on the document or Go to... to review the e-signature status.
If an e-signature was requested from a married couple, you’ll see who has signed. If one of the users fails the KBA, or declines to e-sign, upload the prepared document and request an e-signature again.
Tip: Change your notification preferences at any time.
If you want to check a document’s e-signature status, go to the Documents page, then check the Status column. To learn more about document statuses, go here.
The document’s audit trail shows whether a client provided an e-signature and passed or failed the KBA.
Viewing Accounts With Documents Pending E-Signatures
You can find out which documents still need to be e-signed by going to your Accounts list.
To filter the Accounts list to see the documents still missing e-signatures:
1. Go to Clients, then click FILTER.
2. Select Pending Signature in the Signatures section, then click APPLY.
You’ll then see a list of those accounts.
This could also be done from the Recent tab on the Documents page.
You might run into a situation that requires you to cancel an e-signature request. For example, you’ve requested e-signatures from a couple, then one of the spouses drops by your office to sign. To void an e-signature request, follow these steps:
Click the three dots to the far right of the document’s name, then select Void from the pull-down. You’ll be prompted to specify the reason for voiding. Toggle off Notify client if you don’t want to send a notification. Then click Void.
To see all documents with voided e-signature requests:
While viewing documents, click Filter, select Voided, then click Apply.
Canceling E-Signature Requests
If you mistakenly sent an e-signature request, you can cancel it—but do it quickly! It works only if it is still in Requested status and no one has e-signed yet. If the document has been e-signed by one of the clients, use Void instead.
Click on the three dots to the far right of the document’s name, then click Cancel Signature Request in the pull-down.
Once a client has e-signed, you cannot cancel a request; the Cancel Signature Request feature is only available for documents that have 0 in the status counter.
To see all documents that are pending e-signature:
While viewing documents, click on Filter, select Pending Signature, then click Apply.