Organizers (Advanced): Link to Jobs & Set Up Automove
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time!
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
To make your practice run smoothly and efficiently, link organizers to jobs to get all the basic information you need from clients when you need it. And use Automove to make jobs automatically move to the next pipeline stage once a client submits their organizer.
Organizers can be linked to jobs by a firm owner, Admin, or any employee with access rights to manage organizers. They are linked either via automation or manually. While adding organizers to a pipeline using automations involves changing the pipeline template, manual linking lets you track all organizers within a pipeline without modifying it.
Here’s how it works:
1. Go to the pipeline settings, add the stage for obtaining the client’s documents, then toggle on Automove jobs. You can either add the Create organizer automation (for more details, go here) or manually link a pending organizer (see below).
2. There are three ways to link an organizer manually:
- From the Create Organizer screen: Click Link to jobs, then select the jobs. Once linked, the Jobs section is displayed, and you’ll see the job titles and pipelines they belong to.
- From a client’s Organizers list: Click the three dots to the far right of the organizer, click Link to jobs, select the jobs from the list, then click Submit.
- From a pipeline: Make sure that the job is in the right stage, click the job box, click + Link on the top right, click Organizers, then choose the organizers.
By default, only pending organizers are displayed. You can filter the list by status:
- Pending shows all active organizers not yet submitted.
- Finished shows all submitted organizers.
- Active shows all pending and finished organizers currently in use.
- Archived shows all pending and finished organizers no longer in use.
- All shows organizers in all the above statuses.
Note: You can link as many organizers as you want to a job, as well as ones you previously sent.
Now, once a client submits an organizer, the job automatically moves to the next stage. If you’re manually moving a job to the next stage, decide what to do with the pending organizer—unlink it, move it to the next stage, or mark it as completed (for more details, go here).