Organizers (Basic): Create & Apply Templates
For TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time.
TaxDome organizers allow you to create interactive questionnaires to efficiently gather client information. Having all your FAQs ready to go will save loads of time. Plus, automate your organizers inside pipelines so that they go out to clients right when they need to—without you having to click a single button.
- Creating Organizer Templates
- Applying Organizer Templates
- Adding Default Organizers From Our Library
- Automating Sending Organizers to Clients
- Editing Organizer Templates
- Duplicating Organizer Templates
- Deleting Organizer Templates
Creating Organizer Templates
An organizer template can be created by a firm owner, admin or any team member with access rights to manage templates. Create them ahead so that you have them readily available to further customize.
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
To create an organizer template, go to Settings from the left sidebar, choose Templates in the menu bar, select Organizers, then click Create Template.
Or access this page by selecting the Create Organizer automation while creating or editing a pipeline, then click New template.
An organizer has sections and questions; each question belongs to a section. Below, learn more about the numbered fields on the Create Organizer Template page.
1. Template name: Enter what you’d like to call the template. You’ll see this name when selecting it.
2. Organizer name: Enter the name your client will see for the organizer. You can click Add shortcode to individualize the organizer. Apply shortcode to include dynamic data, such as the name of the client who owns the account or the date. Read more about shortcodes in the article.
3. Notify about document upload: Toggle this on if you want to receive notifications about documents uploaded to the organizer. For more details, go here.
4. Organizer self-service: Toggle this on if you want your clients to create an organizer on their own based on this template. For more details, go here.
5. Automatically seal after submission. Toggle on if you want a client to forbid making changes to an organizer after submission. Learn more in the article.
6. Section name: Enter a heading for the first section (e.g., Personal Details).
7. Section gear icon: Click the gear icon to choose the section’s settings: Toggle on Allow client to repeat to allow clients to replicate sections (for more details, go here). If you want a new section to be displayed when a client answers a question a certain way, click the gear icon to toggle on Conditions, then set up conditional logic jumps (for more details, go here).
8. Question/Text Block gear icon:
- Click the gear icon to make a question mandatory, then toggle on Required. The client won’t be able to submit an organizer until all mandatory questions are answered.
- If you want a new question or text block to be displayed when a client answers a question a certain way, click the gear icon to toggle on Conditions, then set up the conditional logic jumps (for more details, go here).
- You can provide details that explain a question by toggling on Add explanation. Next, fill in the field. The explanation will be displayed beneath the question.
9. Question: Select the type of question or request from the pull-down.
How the client sees it:
- Free Entry is for entering text, such as a name, address, or company.
- Number is for entering numerals, such as number of children or an SSN.
- Date is for entering a day, month and year, such as a DOB.
- Radio Buttons offer a list of options, such as a company type (e.g., nonprofit or LLC).
- Checkboxes display little boxes that can be checked off.
- Yes/No is for yes/no answers to questions like "Are you married?"
- File Upload provides a place to upload to with the name of the doc that needs uploading. (Documents uploaded to an organizer are saved to the last created top-level client folder with Client can view and edit access.)
10. Text Block: Click to drop a block of text with different formatting into the organizer.
11. Add Section: Click if you need to create extra sections.
12. Save: When all the questions are added, save the template.
Note! Empty sections without questions or text blocks are not allowed. If you try to save organizers with empty sections, we'll show you the empty fields that should be filled in.
Applying Organizer Templates
Once you’ve created a template, you are ready to use it to gather the initial data you need from clients to start your work:
1. Create a new organizer either by clicking + NEW and selecting Organizer or by selecting the recipients in the accounts list, then clicking Send Organizer.
2. Click the Organizer template list to expand it, then select a template.
3. Change the name to add personal details.
4. Continue by enabling reminders and linking the organizer to jobs.
Note: If there is more than one recipient, you won’t be able to link the organizer to jobs.
Adding Default Organizers From Our Library
We offer default organizer templates that you can edit:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar menu, select Templates in the menu bar, open the Organizers tab, then click COPY FROM LIBRARY.
2. Click on the copy icon to the far right of the template you want to add. Now, click on the name to begin editing.
Editing Organizer Templates:
1. To make changes to an organizer template, go to Settings from the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, open the Organizers tab, then click on the organizer template’s name in the list.
2. Make changes to the organizer template, then click SAVE. You can move or delete questions and sections using the icons to the far right of the section name or question.
Note: The changes you make to an organizer template are not reflected in the organizers that have already been created from the same template.
Duplicating Organizer Templates
Create a new organizer template from an existing one: Click the three dots to the far right of the organizer template’s name, then select Duplicate. The organizer’s copy will be saved with a suffix (e.g., Organizer (2)).
Deleting Organizer Templates
To avoid clutter, remove an organizer template if you don’t need it anymore. Click the three dots to the far right of the organizer template’s name, select Delete in the pull-down, then confirm by clicking DELETE. All organizers created for your clients with that template will still remain.
Tip: Check out TaxDome Academy for our courses.
Conditional Logic Jumps
Notifications for Document Uploads in Organizers
Organizer Visible to Client (Self Service), Explained