Invoices (Basic): Create & Apply Templates
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time.
Our templates are used to automate routine procedures and save loads of time. Here, we show you how to create an invoice template proactively or while creating a pipeline so that you can apply it as an automation.
- Creating Invoice Templates
- Sending Invoices to Clients via Automation
- Applying Invoice Templates
- Editing Invoice Templates
- Duplicating Invoice Templates
- Deleting Invoice Templates
Creating Invoice Templates
An invoice template can be created by a firm owner, admin or team member with access rights to manage templates.
To create an invoice template, go to Settings from the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then Invoices. Next, click Create Template.
Or access this page by selecting the Create Invoice automation while making or editing a pipeline, then click New Template.
Below, learn more about all the options (1-13) you’ll have in the Create Invoice Template window:
1. Template Name: This is what you’ll see when selecting the template.
2. Description: Add a description about what is included in the invoice (optional).
3. Choose a payment method: Select the payment method you want the client to use; this option is available only when your default payment-processing service is CPACharge. (For more details, go here.)
4. Send email to client when invoice created: Check this box so the client is informed about a new invoice.
- Line item: To add a line item, click the Line item button, then either select a service or create a new one. Fill in the Rate field, set the quantity of the service QTY, and decide if taxes need to be applied to each item.
- Discount: To add a line item, click the Discount button, then fill in the Rate field. The negative amount will be subtracted from the invoice’s total.
10. Tax: This automatically adds the tax to the invoice. Once the sales tax is added, you’ll see it reflected in the total. (For more details, go here.)
11. Copy: Click the icon to create a copy of the line item.
12. Summary: This is the final calculation section.
13. Tax Rate: Once sales tax is added, it’s reflected in the total (for more details, go here).
14. Save: This saves the template for future use.
Applying Invoice Templates
Once you’ve created a template, use it to speed up creating invoices. Here’s how:
1. Create a new invoice by clicking the + NEW button and selecting Invoice.
2. Click the Invoice template list to expand it, then select a template.
3. Continue by setting up the invoice. You can now make changes to the amount, tax rate, etc.
Note: Changes you make on an invoice don’t affect the template used to make it.
Editing Invoice Templates
To make changes to an invoice template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then select Invoices. Next, click on the invoice template name in the list.
2. Make changes to the invoice template, then click SAVE.
Duplicating Invoice Templates
To create a new invoice template from an existing one, click the three dots to the far right of the invoice template, then select Duplicate from the pull-down. The invoice template copy will be saved with a suffix (e.g., Form1040 (2)).
Deleting Invoice Templates
To remove an invoice template completely, click the three dots to the far right of the invoice template name, select Delete in the pull-down, then click Delete again to confirm.