Jobs (Basic): Job Cards in Pipelines
For TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time.
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
The amount of time that a job remains in a stage is displayed right beneath the account name on a job card, making it easy for you to keep track of it. Job cards are fully customizable: You can select the info you want to see displayed, such as the account ID, name priority, etc.
- How to Customize Job Cards
- What Counters on Job Cards Mean
- Job Details
- How to Add and Edit Job Details
- Bulk-Editing Jobs
How to Customize Job Cards
Including relevant info on job cards helps all your team members keep track of what is happening within a pipeline. You can customize a job card’s details by select what you wish to see displayed.
- The account name and amount of time a job has been in a stage are always shown on a job card.
- You must enter details inside each field you want to see displayed on the job card otherwise the field is hidden.
- When the wiki page is linked to the job—it will be displayed on the job card.
1. Access the pipeline editing screen (for more details, go here) or create a new pipeline by going to the Pipelines section in Settings.
2. Turn on the toggles for the Job card fields you want displayed:
- Account ID (for more details about account IDs, go here)
- Start Date
- Due Date
3. Click Save, go to the Workflow section, open the pipeline, and see the results.
The job details will appear in the expanded card on the right, and you’ll be able to edit them:
- 1. Change the job’s name: By default, a job’s name will be similar to its pipeline’s. To change it, click on it, then type a new one.
- 2. Pipeline: Move the job to another pipeline by selecting one from the drop-down menu. For more details, go here.
- 3. Stage: Move the job to a new stage by selecting one from the drop-down menu. For more details, go here.
- 4. Assignees: Select the team members for the job.
- 5. Due Date: Add a due date as a time-management tool (optional).
- 6. Priority: Select LOW, HIGH, MEDIUM, or URGENT.
- 7. Description: Use formatting, emojis, bullets, numbered lists, or links.
- 8. & 9. Link elements: Attach documents, bills, organizers, contracts, tasks. For more details, go here.
- 10. Add Comment: Write reminders about the job, then delete them when you no longer need them.
- 11. Back: Click to return to the pipeline. All changes are automatically saved.
How to Add and Edit Job Details
To add and edit a job’s details, choose the way that’s best for you:
- From a pipeline: Either in the Workflow section or in the client’s profile, click on the job card to expand it.
- From the Templates tab in the Settings: Click on the job’s name. Job templates are described in detail here.
- From a tasks list: If a job has a linked task, the job’s name is displayed in the Firms Tasks and My Tasks lists. Click on the job’s name to see its details.
- From the Jobs tab in the Workflow section: Click on the job’s name or select several jobs to make changes in bulk.
To edit several jobs at once:
- Select the checkboxes next to the jobs in the Jobs list, then click Edit. Use filters to narrow your list if needed.
- Make your changes, then click Save.
Note: When bulk-editing jobs, you can’t link elements, change job names, or add or remove comments. The info in the fields that you don’t change remains the same. If you need to make either of those changes, edit one job at a time instead.