Jobs (Basic): Add Manually or Automatically
For TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time.
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
While pipelines allow you to view all similar projects in one place, jobs are the actual projects you work on for your clients. Once a pipeline has been created, you add jobs to it, then link them to accounts. Keep in mind:
- A firm owner, admin, or any employee who has been given access rights to manage pipelines adds jobs to a pipeline.
- Employees see only the pipelines made available to them.
- Employees move jobs through pipelines for their assigned accounts.
- Employees see only the jobs for their assigned accounts unless they have access rights to view all accounts.
- New jobs are added to the first stage of a pipeline.
- Jobs can be added for both active and offline accounts; However, only users with active accounts and notifications turned on receive emails sent via pipeline automation.
- You can use custom templates to save time creating jobs.
There are three ways to add jobs to a pipeline:
Add Jobs in Bulk
To add jobs to a pipeline, choose the way that works best for you:
- Go to the Workflow section, select the pipeline, then click Add job.
- Click + NEW in the left sidebar, then select Job from the slide-out menu.
- Go to Clients, Accounts, then All Accounts, select the checkboxes next to the accounts the job is for, then click Add Job.
Below, find out more about the numbered sections:
1. Accounts: Add or remove the names of accounts here.
2. Pipeline: Select the pipeline for the jobs. (If you’re adding jobs from the pipeline itself, you can skip this.)
3. Template: To quickly create jobs, select a template with a custom job name, dynamic data (fields that automatically get filled in, such as with the date and account name), description, due date, comments, and so on. For more details about job templates, go here.
4. Assignees: Select the employees for the jobs. To learn more about assigning jobs, go here.
5. Add: Click to bulk-add jobs to a pipeline. If adding multiple jobs isn’t fully successful, you’ll get a notification explaining why in your Inbox+. Go here for more details.